Long time no see right?
First things first, happy new year! I know getting back into the work week after a long break is tough but this week is almost over, so cheers to that.
On another note, today’s a pretty special day. It’s my birthday! As you can tell from the title, I am officially 23. In no way is 23 old but boy does it feel like it. Being in your early 20’s is like you’re old enough to adult but you’re still stuck in that weird transition where you haven’t truly grasped the concept yet. At least that’s how it feels for me.
I initially started this post with the idea of me wanting to share my goals for the year but I’ll share those details with you guys next week in a post about my New Year’s resolutions. Instead, I’ve decided to share 23 random fun facts about me in honor of my birthday.
- When I eat chicken tenders I have to pull the breading off the chicken. I’ve literally done this ever since I was old enough to eat chicken tenders and it’s a habit that’s followed me into adulthood.
- I’m a complete nerd/comic buff. I read an article a day about Avengers: Endgame before they finally released the trailer in December. I’m actually stressed about what’s going to happen to these fictional characters come April, LOL.
- I was briefly homeschooled for 1 semester when I was in high school. I quickly realized I was a kid that needed social interaction so I went back to public school the following semester.
- I love ice cream. I think it tastes better in the winter than it does during the summer. My
go tocombo is sweet cream ice cream with bananas, walnuts, and caramel sauce. Yum.
- I’m obsessed with Disney World. I’ve only been one time and I’ve been trying to go back ever since.
- My favorite holiday (besides my birthday of course) is Christmas.
- My mom is my best friend. I know I drive her up the wall but she is truly my rock.
- When I watch certain movies/tv shows I do compulsive research about them. IMDB is one of my favorite websites next to Reddit. I always like to know the trivia, the meaning behind the plot, and stuff like that.
- Speaking of movies, #8 is one of the reasons I can’t really watch horror movies. Besides the fact that I’m an easily scared person, I find myself becoming obsessed with plots and needing to know the deeper meaning if there is one.
- I’m a huge homebody. Honestly, there’s nothing I like more than being at home in the comfort of my own bed.
- My favorite color is purple but I don’t really like purple clothing items.
- Kid Cudi is my favorite musician.
Formationis my favorite song by Beyonce.
- My favorite movie is The Temptations.
- When I was younger I swore I was going to be a music video director.
- I also swore I was going to be a singer. I use to try and write my own music all the time but I honestly can’t sing to save my life.
- I prefer sneakers over heels.
- I also prefer mini purses to large purses. I wish I didn’t have to carry one at all.
- I don’t know how to swim but I really want to learn how.
- I love Lego video games.
- My dream career would be to work in advertising, doing ad campaigns and working with social media.
- I like picking things up off the floor with my toes instead of bending over to get it.
- I love really nice stationary. I have a drawer dedicated to school supplies in my room and I buy at least 2 planners a year.